About Me

My photo
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Mid 20s Stay at Home Mummy to Master A and Wife to DH, Michael. This blog will document my life as i try to become more sustainable, a fun mum and maybe even a domestic goddess- is there even such a thing?

Monday 30 April 2012

My Countrol Journal & Routines

Laney from Crash Test Mummy is having a little competition with Jodie from Muddled Up Mumma. And are trying to get their homes more organised, Laney is using Flylady and posted her routines for the world to see. Which i think is very brave, and it has been on my mind to post my Control Journal as well. I have mine in a black A4 folder that sits on my coffee table/Master A's new drawing station. It holds all my important phone numbers and the way I like the house to be run, which has helped hubby while i have been sick this past week.


Being sick has made me realise how being on top of the housework meant much more less stress than there could have been, there was still stress of course but I wasn't still trying to play catch up which was a wonderful feeling. My Control Journal is constantly being tweaked as i figure out things could work better this way or as Master A grows and things need changing. I'm sure I will re-edit this entry every so often as I think of new things, and what works for me won't work for every other person.

Daily

  • 6am Get up, Make bed, Swish shower (its part of Flylady's Swish & Swipe but i prefer to do the toilet and sink at night while my son is in the bath)
  • 6.15am Make cup of tea, Shower, Moisturise, Get dressed to shoes
  • 7am Master A up, Check nappy, Breakfast
  • 7.30am Teeth, Hair, Check Kitty Litter, Feed Cats, Hang laundry out
  • 8am Wash breakfast dishes, Tidy kitchen, Sweep kitchen
  • 9am Walk for a hour, leave 8.45am
  • Brush Cleo & clean eyes, Check rabbits & garden
  • 2 bottles of water before lunch
  • 5 min pick up in each room
  • Steralise change table, Put dry clothes away, Smudge Check (what I like to call getting rid of handprints and puppy nose prints around the house)
  • 2 bottles of water before dinner
  • 5pm Dinner
  • 6pm Master A bath
  • Sink & toilet S&S
  • 7pm Master A bedtime
  •  Put load of laundry and dishwasher on
  • What's for lunch? What's for dinner?
  • 7.30pm Dr Who (I'm a Dr Who fan only got hooked a few weeks ago)
  • 8.30pm Me time (blog, FB, emails, reading, recorded tv shows)
  • Check calander, birthdays and launch pad for tomorrow
  • 9.30pm Bed 


Disclaimer: Of course days where nothing goes to plan happens and especially having a baby will throw everything in to chaos. But if I have a rough plan of attack I can start to tick things off and it answers the hubbys dreaded question..." What have you been doing today?" I always seem to go blank even though i know iv been busy -.-

Weekly

Mon- Clean car & purse
empty & clean rubbish, recycling bins
Shine mirrors, door knobs, taps & clean light panels
Bath Cleo
Change sheets & bath towels

Tues- File Papers
Empty & clean fridge
Clean pet dishes

Wed- Menu plan
Errand day
Vacuum
Call dad

Thur-Baking day
Call nan


Fri- Ironing
Dust
27 Fling Boogie


Sat-Vacuum
Steam mop
Call mum

Sun-Rest

Also each week I will concentrate on one area for the week, then the next week another area so over the month the house will get a good clean.

Zone 1- Entance, Living room and Garden

Zone 2- Kitchen and Dinning Room

Zone 3- Bedrooms

Zone 4- Office, Laundry and Bathroom


My Control Journal also has things like;
  • things i am procrastinating on
  • Garden ideas
  • Blog & Facebook page ideas
  • Monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly to-dos

No comments:

Post a Comment