About Me

My photo
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Mid 20s Stay at Home Mummy to Master A and Wife to DH, Michael. This blog will document my life as i try to become more sustainable, a fun mum and maybe even a domestic goddess- is there even such a thing?

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

This one is my all time favourite, and you can add whatever vegetables you have in the fridge- YUM!

Ingredients



  • 2 Sheets puff pastry
  • 1 chicken breast fillet or left over chicken
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 small carrot diced
  • 1 stick celery diced
  • 1 tin of cream of chicken soup


Method


  • Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. 
  • Cook chicken and set aside to cool if using left over chicken skip this step.
  • Saute onion, carrot and celery in pan chicken was cooked in.
  • Shred meat, add back to pan and stir in soup.
  • Grease pie plate. Line base with one sheet of pastry, add filings and top with second pastry sheet. I like to use left over pastry to write on the top :)
  • Trim and crimp edges, add 4-5 vents in top to let steam escape. brush with water.
  • cook in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown


2 comments:

  1. I make a similar pie, do you find it can be a bit runny ? I use a condensed soup, what kind do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I follow the recipe to the letter it was fine using just normal soup, but I found when I started throwing in other things it got a bit full and just fell apart

      Delete